Life isn’t always what you expect. When the results you hope for don’t manifest themselves, this can sometimes leave you questioning your self-worth and abilities. It’s easy to fall into that trap of discouragement.
The good news is that you can also get yourself out of that melancholy mood!
Whenever you’re down in the dumps, it’s vital to take action to start feeling better about yourself. Dwelling on the negative and remaining in a depressed state is unhealthy. After a while, you’ll feel like you’re moving backward instead of forward. And this makes it more challenging to get back to a positive mindset.
Try these simple tips to restore your belief in you:
1. Reflect on past successes.
If you’re honest with yourself, you realise that you’ve enjoyed many successes in the past.
- Reflect on how satisfied and happy you felt when you earned something you worked extremely hard for.
- Remember a time when you added value to another person. It may have been as simple as offering a smile, generously listening, holding them in high regard and validating them when they feel upset.
- Think about the impact you’ve had on your peers when you accomplished something they would love to achieve themselves and how you inspired them.
2. Know that you’re uniquely created.
You have a unique blend of talents, abilities, personality, appearance, and purpose that is different from everyone else on the planet. There is no one else like you, and that’s a wonderful thing!
- Remember times when you came up with your solution to a challenge that made things better for you or those around you.
- Since you’re the only person like you, why not focus on your unique abilities and put those to work to evoke positive change in your life? Setting your new ideas in motion will go a long way toward restoring your self-confidence.
3. Do something you’re good at.
A sure way to boost how you feel about yourself is to do something you already know you’re good at.
- Having even a small success is an excellent way to build reassurance and focus on the positive.
- It’s okay to need that self-reassurance from time to time. It’s a challenging time in a tough world, and it’s easy for outside influences to dampen your drive. Remind yourself that you’re a star in a part of the sky where nobody else shines quite as bright.
- Proving to yourself that you can do something often gives you just enough motivation to get past that rough patch.
4. Make someone else feel special.
Making a positive impact on someone else’s life is one of the most empowering and uplifting experiences you can have!
- Try volunteering at a local agency that helps those less fortunate than you. So many lives need a caring touch. Taking the opportunity to help them will enable you to feel that much more worthy.
- Encouraging another person who lacks self-esteem can bring inner satisfaction that allows you to find your true purpose. You may sometimes forget about your hardships for a while because you’re so focused on helping someone else overcome theirs.
Try not to dwell on the negative feelings you might have about yourself. Know that all our emotions are part of the human experience. And you are not alone.
Share your beautiful qualities with the world.
Instead, celebrate all the beautiful qualities you have inside and share those with the world. Take the time to reflect on your blessings, and you’ll begin to see for yourself how awesome and unique you are.
If you would like to delve deeper into how to change your state and feel more uplifted, access my chapter of The Anxiety Relief Handbook for FREE!
In this chapter, you will discover:
- How to understand yourself better; why you think and feel the way that you do.
- Practical exercises to guide you to a place of calmness and clarity.
- Raise your vibration so that you attract abundance into your life.
- Release guilt and feelings of loyalty to people or situations that no longer serve you.
- Discover what you need, learn how to ask for it, and be open to receiving it from others.
- Learn how to build trust and watch what you need to come into your life.
- Develop practical skills for improving self-awareness and a positive mindset.
Get Your FREE Chapter Here!